Trisomy 18 awareness

Trisomy 18 awareness
Sleep in heavenly Peace

Saturday, November 25, 2017

Happy one week our sweet Angel

We made it through our first thanksgiving without Ethan here, God must've just numbed my body to make it through. It was the first day I didn't spend crying off and on, I did find some peace in not having tears rush to my head over and over. But it also felt wrong, as if I was forgetting him. But today I woke up and the emotions came back again,
Today marks one week since Ethan was born. I still have moments of disbelief that this is really all happening. My emotions are a constant roller coaster. Today we should be celebrating his one week birthday, but instead we are spending this day planning his funeral services. It isn't fair we have to plan for a funeral instead of celebrating him here in our arms. We are trying to take each day one step at a time, but we also have to face the reality of it all. I constantly look at all our photos of Ethan and smile knowing we got to have the privilege of holding him, kissing him and snuggling him. Not all Trisomy 18 parents get this opportunity.
I keep telling myself this is not good bye, but we willl see him again someday. It’s just so hard when each normal daily routine such as bedtime prayers or reading a bedtime story with Destiny and Colton brings tears to my eyes as I think of the last time I did just these things with him in my belly anticipating his arrival to our family.  Ethan I miss you so much it hurts.


We will be holding a memorial service for our sweet Ethan. We welcome everyone who would like to attend in remembrance of our precious baby. 

Memorial Service

Saturday, December 2nd 
12:30 p.m
Bluebonnet Hills Funeral Home and Memorial Park 
5725 Colleyville Blvd 
Colleyville, Tx 76034


In lieu of flowers please consider donating to the Ethan Skaggs Memorial Fund.

No comments:

Post a Comment

2020 A New Decade

Wow! Another decade down in the books of this thing we call "LIFE". If ya'll that have known us for a while, you know the tr...