Trisomy 18 awareness

Trisomy 18 awareness
Sleep in heavenly Peace

Saturday, March 31, 2018

Hope!

There are so many things we have to be thankful for. Right now especially, is the death and resurrection of Jesus, our Lord and Savior. We have been able to spend our weekend with our kids and tomorrow we will spend time with our close family members here at our home. It's been so great sharing the gospel of truth with our community through our church, it's kept us busy this week and weekend thats for sure. 
But as my evening winds down I begin to think of what were missing...Ethan
Our precious boy, who this time last year we already knew was on the way. We announced our pregnancy on Easter Sunday with our family and to our kids who were over the moon about the new addition on the way. 
These were the "Golden Eggs that had a slip of paper revealing our pregnancy that we gave to family.

This would be Ethan's first Easter, and as true to tradition we would be taking him to get Easter Bunny pictures, picking out his first Easter outfit, and excited to sit him beside an Easter basket and take photos of him because he's just still too small to hunt for eggs. All of these things are part of the little moments we will never have with our son. It saddens my heart to know our life here is a little empty for another Holiday. But I have been trying to hold on to the hope of Heaven, the hope that one day I will hold my son again, and hopefully have an opportunity to raise him along side with Jesus and I have hope for the future that God already has mapped out for us. 

This morning as a got ready this song came on. The chorus is so great! I'm always saying, the pain I've been feeling cannot compare to the joy thats coming!


Would you dare, would you dare to believe

That you still have a reason to sing
Cause the pain that you've been feeling
It can't compare to the joy that's coming
So hold on you gotta wait for the light
Press on and just fight the good fight
Cause the pain that you've been feeling
It's just the dark before the morning


And I love this Verse too:


My friend, you know how this all ends, you know where you're going

You just don't know how you'll get there, so say a prayer
And hold on cause there's good for those who love God




I read something recently and I can't remember by whom, but they said "were not getting out of this place alive". And It's true. We all know how this ends, we don't know how we'll get there, but I know I have the promise of heaven because of my love and devotion for him! Because of that I know there will be JOY, hope and I trust in our God and in his plan!

I pray you all have a wonderful Easter, and remember what Easter is TRULY about. 
His life life and death was all a part of a greater plan! Thank you Jesus for your sacrifice to die for our sins!
HE IS RISEN!


No comments:

Post a Comment

2020 A New Decade

Wow! Another decade down in the books of this thing we call "LIFE". If ya'll that have known us for a while, you know the tr...